I have experienced New York City many times and have several memories! My most recent trip confirms that fall is the very best time of the year to visit The Big Apple. Past trips include getting stranded by a blizzard and stuck in a friend’s apartment (window AC unit only!) during a heat wave. THIS time, the lovely fall weather was welcome and ideal for getting out and exploring the city.
By exploring, I mean eating. Our New York trip included meals at old favorites, Dos Caminos, for a margarita and guacamole and Sarabeth’s Tribeca, for brunch. Amy’s Bread is good for a quick sweet and reminds me that old favorites are reliable!
After a morning of shopping in Soho, we refueled on cupcakes. Molly’s Cupcakes are the best in town. Most noteworthy, Molly’s donates a percentage of profits to the community schools. Enjoy that treat and order one to go! Their center filled cupcakes melt in your mouth and the charming set up includes board games… Scrabble anyone? Molly’s bar stools are swings suspended from the ceiling and add a fun element to the each visit. It is a friendly, happy place, unlike some dark over-crowded, over-heated dessert destination alternatives, think Max Brenner at Union Square. Molly’s has cookies, coffee and other desserts if you aren’t a cupcake addict like I am!
The weekend proved to me that New York City improves with age and never lacks for new places to explore…and by that I mean… eat! Emily
- Travel Headaches and How to Cure Them - February 2, 2018
- Can You Afford NOT to Buy Travel Insurance? - August 1, 2017
- The Truth About Group Air Travel - April 24, 2017
- Experience Aruba and the Ritz - January 20, 2017
- Multi-Generational Travel and Spain - November 28, 2016
- Dining in New York - September 1, 2016
- New York Tips Galore! - May 20, 2016
- The 411 on Generational Travel in New York City - May 18, 2016
- Traveling? Three Routes to Encourage Exercise - April 4, 2016
- Anguilla… - March 3, 2016