My sister and I took our mother for a quick getaway in New York and the 72-old wore us out! We took a 3 ½ hour gustatory walking tour of Greenwich Village that included historical insights between delicious tastings. The two of us anticipated mother needing a rest afterwards – wrong! We went to our secret shopping gem and stayed until closing. We’re going to look good for the holidays! Back at our hotel, the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park, we relaxed and enjoyed the view – in my opinion second only to the Hong Kong Manderin Oriental. A direct view of the Statue of Liberty, Jersey Shore Line and Brooklyn Bridge all lit up!
We enjoyed the hustle and bustle of Bloomingdales (I mean we’re REALLY going to look good for the holidays!) before walking to the Grand Central Station Oyster Bar for the best Salad Nicoise on the planet.
We couldn’t head home Sunday without doing the regular New York 5th Avenue touristy things – sticking our heads in the Plaza lobby, buying pashminas street-side, and strolling through Saks, but the best was gawking at Bergdoff’s holiday window displays. Absolutely breathtaking! All the walking, all the shopping, all the excitement! Yep, I got tired in New York but NEVER tired OF it! Rebecca
- Protecting Traveler Equity Matters - February 1, 2017
- Never Tired of New York - May 16, 2016
- Italy for Spring Break! - October 1, 2015
- A Mother/Daughter New York Trip! - August 25, 2015
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Santiago, Chile - May 4, 2015
- Egypt: Hidden Treasures of the World - April 17, 2015
- Egypt: Loving Luxor - April 16, 2015
- Egypt: Luxurious Luxor - April 15, 2015
- Egypt: Amazing Aswan - April 14, 2015
- Egypt: Just the Beginning - April 13, 2015