The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman holds a special place in my heart. It was the first international destination I took my son to when he was 11 months old and it was where he crawled for the first time. Aside from the personal nostalgia, they have continued to prove that they can cater to kids of any age.
They recently added a small water park, the perfect distraction for the younger set and a nice break from the beach. They continue to offer all water sports off the beach free of charge (they are actually included in your mandatory resort fee), but still it feels like a real bonus and with kids who may not last more than 15 minutes in a kayak or on a paddle board, it is a real deal. And we tried them all this trip! We also borrowed (complimentary) snorkeling equipment and my son took a (complimentary) snorkeling lesson in the pool.
By the end of the trip he couldn’t decide what his favorite activity was, but I am positive they were ALL my favorites. Anything that we can do together, staying active and having fun is a plus in my book.Also, one of my favorite things about Grand Cayman is all of the amazing restaurant options. Kids 5 and under still eat free at the Ritz, which is a bonus if you have big (little) eaters like ours.
We finally made it to the Sunshine Grill, located next to the Ritz. We have heard for years how great the food is and it did not disappoint. The tables come equipped with trivial pursuit cards and coloring activities, perfect to keep the kids entertained while the adults enjoy the amazing fish tacos. We also ventured further out to Calypso Grill. It is in the East End and is an expensive cab ride away but worth it for fresh seafood and gorgeous water front views. Emily
- Can You Afford NOT to Buy Travel Insurance? - August 1, 2017
- The Truth About Group Air Travel - April 24, 2017
- Experience Aruba and the Ritz - January 20, 2017
- Multi-Generational Travel and Spain - November 28, 2016
- Dining in New York - September 1, 2016
- New York Tips Galore! - May 20, 2016
- The 411 on Generational Travel in New York City - May 18, 2016
- Traveling? Three Routes to Encourage Exercise - April 4, 2016
- Anguilla… - March 3, 2016
- A Whirlwind Weekend in Southern California! - February 4, 2016