Liz just returned from a trip to Disney World with her grandchildren and it reminded me that we have several advisors who have a vast amount of knowledge about this magical place.
A few tips from Disney Guru Laura Slawter
1. Plan Early! Walt Disney World resorts can fill up fast, especially during holidays. Booking in advance will give you your number one resort and room type. If discounts come out after you book your resort, in most cases, you can still apply them to your vacation. At Walt Disney World, dining reservations start booking 180 days out-and the most popular restaurants fill up fast! Yet another reason that booking early gives you the most magical vacation. With Disney Cruises, the price generally goes up as the ship fills. It’s better to book as far in advance as possible to ensure the best room type and location for your family and budget.
2. Stay at a Disney Resort. Staying at a Disney resort ensures that you are surrounded by the magic 24/7 and with four different types and price levels, one will fit your family and budget. Disney resort guests can take advantage of Disney’s free Magical Express service to and from the Orlando airport. This is especially nice for those who are flying… it saves you the cost of renting a car! On property, the Disney transportation system consists of buses, boats and of course the monorail. There is never any need to have your own car. If you do drive and stay at a Disney resort you are able to park at the theme parks for free! You can also take advantage of the money saving Disney Dining plan and enjoy other extras such as package delivery direct to your resort and of course the world famous Disney service.
3. Don’t Miss Rope Drop at the Magic Kingdom. Rope Drop is the opening ceremony at the Disney parks. While all the parks have a rope drop, the most magical is the one in Magic Kingdom. Every morning about 10-15 minutes before the park’s official opening time, the Walt Disney World train arrives at the gates loaded with characters and a wonderful song and dance. It’s worth getting up early to experience this! Afterwards, you can enter the park and enjoy fabulous photo opportunities and ride lots of rides before the crowds arrive.
- Steps to Banking the Best Travel Experience - October 2, 2017
- Steps to Banking the Best Travel Experience - April 12, 2017
- Aladdin Gives Back 2016 - December 14, 2016
- St. John ~ a Beach Week Alternative - December 6, 2016
- Ireland’s Cliffs of Moher - August 11, 2016
- The Omni Mount Washington Resort - May 24, 2016
- Tips for Disney Magic - April 12, 2016
- Tasty lunches in Chicago - March 30, 2016
- Sisters, Cousins and Graduates Visit New York - March 24, 2016
- A Sunny Day in Napa - February 25, 2016